Friday, October 8, 2010

COUNTDOWN DAY 8: TRICKS & GREETS


You may have noticed that I've been trying to remember to include a Halloween greeting card image in each of my posts this month and today I'd like to share the ones I couldn't fit into the posts for each day. Lots of these images I've gathered over the years on the web and just thought they were neat relics of Halloween's past. A great many of them are from around the time of World War I and come from eBay auctions. I may not have won the auctions, but I enjoyed the listing and copying the images.

Click on an image to make larger--although most of these don't get very large even when you do that...






































Initially, I found it strange that so many of these cards hint at finding a mate or making a love connection, but then a great many of these cards were aimed at girls. Also, in this time, these formal gatherings were opportune times to meet and mingle with the opposite sex. A lot of which wasn't allowed then.

No comments: