Friday, July 27, 2012

LOOKIT DAT!!!: THE CAPTAIN & FUNNY ANIMALS

Over the next few weeks, I'll be going through my image folders doing some spring cleaning now that it's mid-Summer clearing out some files I've been hoarding like a fiend for quite a while.  I tend to do that with images and then come back to them either as fascinated as before or perplexed as to what the heck I thought I saw the first time around.  This should be interesting insight into my way of seeing things or a disturbing look into a fractured mind.

YOU BE THE JUDGE!

These peeks into my accumulated image files will be entitled "LOOKIT DAT!!!".

Here we go:

I'll have to assume that the following drawing by the late great "Mean" Gene Colan was a collector's request as these guys just seem strange together!  Pluto with Howard the Duck and not Donald and Bugs whispering in Cap's ear--kind of odd.  Still, Gene pulled off the sketch flawlessly
and that's the point when you're trying to please a fan.



No comments: